Delphinium, shingles, larkspur, fern - this is not a complete list of names of one- or perennial herbaceous plants belonging to the Lyutikov family. All of them are poisonous, as they contain alkaloids. Larkspur is growing in many areas of Eurasia, North America and Africa.
Description of the species of wildlife
About 4 hundred plant species are known.united by a common name. Some species of wildlife, previously growing in Russia, are now considered endangered, they are listed in the regional Red Books and are protected from complete destruction. This, for example, is wedge-shaped larkspot, protected by law in 7 regions of the European Black Earth Region (including the Moscow and neighboring regions). Another example is the Ural wildlife, found only in the Orenburg Nature Reserve.
Alkaloids, due to which they are all (to varying degrees) toxic, are distributed in all their parts. The most toxic are the larkspur high and decorative delphiniums. A description of some plant species is provided below.
Field sokiriki (Delphinium consolida) - plants of one year, reaching a height of more than half a meter. They have a straight, highly branched stem with leaves with segmented leaves. Flowers located in racemose inflorescences are located on the edges of the stems. They are purple, blue, less often - white or pink. They bloom profusely throughout the summer.
In Russia, this liveliness grows in the fields among the bread (like a weed) on almost the entire European territory, is considered to be low toxic. Only in rare cases do pets suffer from it. For medicinal purposes, grass and seeds are used.
This species of delphinium (D. elatum) is perennial and grows up to 2 meters high. Its segmented leaves are serrated at the ends. Its two-centimeter blue flowers are located on long, sparse hands, the seeds are small, dark brown.
These spurs grow in the European northeast and in Siberia in forests, on mountain slopes and meadows. They were used in the hybridization of decorative species of wildlife.
Only the flowers of this plant species are not toxic., the rest of its parts contain toxic substances diterpenes.
High vivacity is used as an anesthetic, hemostatic, expectorant, anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant. With its help, conjunctivitis, diseases of the respiratory system, excretory system, colds, burns, and cancerous tumors are treated.
Bluish Spur (D. dictyocarpum) - a perennial meter plant with leaves, consisting of several parts. Flowers in the form of dense brushes are grouped on the tops of the stems. Their petals in the form of nectaries are painted in blue or white. The calyxes are dark blue. They can be observed all summer, and seeds are formed in the fall.
This plant is found in the southern and eastern regions of the European territory of the country, in the southern regions of Siberia and Kazakhstan, in Altai.
The ground part is rich in muscle relaxants, which act relaxing in the treatment of nervous diseases associated with increased muscle tone. They are also useful for sclerosis, gastrointestinal diseases, conjunctivitis and oncological tumors.
Larkspur pharmaceutical (D. officinale) - a two-year-old plant with a meter height with a straight stem, equipped with highly branched leaves. Purple pubescent flowers grouped into dense racemose inflorescences appear in early spring. They continue to bloom until the fall.
This type of fern grows in the Balkans and Turkey; we cultivate it as an ornamental plant. It is used in the treatment of ulcers, abscesses, with sclerosis and Parkinson's disease., to combat coughing attacks with asthma, with malfunctions of the menstrual cycle, with rheumatic and headaches, swelling, fractures and in many other cases.
Description of the useful and medicinal properties of field livestock
Larkspur field, although weedy grass, but during the flowering period leaves no one indifferent. It is used for decoration. BUT the aroma and abundance of pollen makes the plant attractive to bees, therefore, it is still known as a honey plant. Since time immemorial, completely harmless flowers of this herb have been used to dye fabrics in blue and purple.
The healing properties of ferns are based on the presence of alkaloids in it, which relax muscles, inhibit areas of the brain and are able to reduce pressure. This is useful for hypertension, for disorders of the brain and spinal cord.
The following features of this plant are also known:
- The diuretic effect is used in the treatment of organs of the excretory and genital area.
- The broth is used for gastrointestinal problems, stomach cancer, burns and hernias.
- Infusions help improve vision, are useful for sclerosis and deviations in the nervous system, and compresses are used for fractures.
- With purulent inflammation lotions are made from the preparations of the plant, they are used to gargle.
- And the seeds are used in the fight against internal parasites.
- Field larkspur also has anti-cancer properties, it is also able to purify blood.
Medicinal Properties of Larkspur
Sokiriki field include a wide range of active substances:
- More than a dozen alkaloids with analgesic, hemostatic, antibacterial, sedative properties.
- Flavonoids, known as choleretic, diuretic, vasodilator and other drugs.
- Anthocyanins that fight aging, bacteria, inflammation, and cancer cells are good for diabetes.
- Kempferol, acting as a body cleanser from toxins.
- Tannins and binders.
- Ash, useful for vascular thrombosis.
- Potassium, which removes excess fluid, reduces pressure.
- Calcium needed for metabolism, bones, teeth, nails, muscles, etc.
- Iron, responsible for the immunity and normalization of the blood formula.
- Manganese as a stabilizer of sugar, blood lipids.
- As well as copper, magnesium, zinc and other trace elements.
Rules for harvesting and storing field liveliness
The medicinal raw materials of the field wildlife include all terrestrial parts of the plant. Gather them at the beginning of summer, when flowering begins. They are cut a few centimeters higher from the ground, at the base of the leaves. These are stems about half a meter high.
For the next collection of medicinal plants, another site is chosen, since it is possible to return to the previous place only after 2 years. The collected plants are spread in a thin layer on and dried in the air in partial shade or in a special dryer at a temperature of fifty degrees. Finished raw materials are stored in sealed containers for no more than 2 years.
The plant can cause allergic reactions, therefore, after harvesting it is necessary to wash your hands. It is also necessary to avoid getting pollen on the mucous membranes, you can not taste the raw materials to taste.
Field delphinium in folk medicine
Field delphinium is used in the form of tinctures, decoctions, infusions, vapors, compresses and ointments.
Recipes of decoctions and infusions
Substrates used for problems of the respiratory system, liver, kidneys and gastrointestinal tract:
- Insist a spoonful of raw materials in half a liter of boiling water, wrapping it for ten hours. Use half a glass four times a day.
- Spoon the raw materials withstand an hour in 3 cups boiling water, use a glass three times a day before meals.
Spoon the herbs withstand a couple of hours in a glass of boiling water, drink half the dose four times a day after meals.
In case of metabolic disorders
3 tablespoons of crushed raw materials insist a couple of hours in a glass of boiling water. Drink half a glass four times a day before meals.
With liver cancer
Quarter a glass of grass to withstand a couple of hours in a liter of boiling water for a couple and a half dozen minutes, use half a glass three times a day.
What does the larkspur look like?
A spoonful of flowers can withstand a third of an hour in 2 cups boiling water.
Decoction with jaundice and hernia
A spoonful of raw materials is boiled in a glass of boiling water for ten minutes. Use a spoon three times a day before meals or apply as a compress.
Tincture of Sykiriks
- With inflammation of the genitourinary organs. The grass is kept in alcohol (ratio 1 to 10) in a dark place for several days. Drink five drops four times a day.
- With osteochondrosis, fractures and arthritis. Keep the crushed dried root in a triple volume of alcohol for a week, shake occasionally. It retains its healing properties for 3 years, it is rubbed or used in compresses for pain.
For the preparation of a therapeutic agent, a spoonful of seeds of field coconuts is mixed with 10 parts of interior animal fat and incubated for 10 days. It is used as a grind for fractures and rheumatic seizures.
Effective is also a remedy from the roots of the plant, prepared similarly to the previous one. These funds relieve pain in the spine, joints, heal wounds and burns.
When mixing this substrate with beeswax, you can get rid of toothache. It is extremely important to remember that this balm is a potent remedy, you can use it only in a small amount.
Larkspur in traditional medicine
There are a number of drugs based on stomach alkaloids:
- Condelphine. It is produced from high stomachliness. The remedy is used for increased muscle activity observed in tetanus, some types of injuries and diseases of the nervous system.
- Melliktin. This is an alkaloid isolated from retinal larvae. The drug is effective in various deviations of the brain, inflammation of the spinal cord, Parkinson's disease, it is used as an anticonvulsant for tetanus.
- Delsemin. The alkaloid is obtained from the same type of vividness as the previous one. It is widely used in surgery for operations of the chest for blockade of breathing and muscle activity. Overdoses of this drug are extremely dangerous for health and life, strict storage of the drug under lock and key is observed.
Contraindications and harm to medicinal herbs
Field wildlife has toxic properties; in case of an overdose it causes poisoning. In such cases, gastric lavage and the use of adsorbents are necessary.
Self-medication with herbal remedies is not permissible. The use of plant preparations should be strictly controlled. They are contraindicated in pregnant women, those who suffer from myasthenia gravis and decreased muscle tone. They are unacceptable for poisoning, convulsions and weakness of the heart system.
How to make tincture of liveliness
Delphinium, or fern, is a valuable natural remedy. In contact with this poisonous plant, care must be taken. When growing field wildlife as a garden decor, it is necessary to protect it from pets and children.