Modern prefabricated pools are not just a compact bulk hydraulic structure for a variety of water procedures, but also a peculiar element of landscape decoration on a personal plot.
Today, a summer cottage is not only a place for growing environmentally friendly products. It gradually acquires the status of a place for family vacations, where the level of comfort and well-being is of great importance.
The purchase of a prefabricated design for swimming allows you not to waste time and money on the full-scale construction of an artificial reservoir.
Varieties of structures
There are several types of structures described.
This type of pool is installed at the beginning of the swimming season, and after its end - is disassembled and stored until next summer. Every year, a replacement plastic bowl of PVC film is required.
All-season precast model
The design of this species is frost-resistant and allows not to dismantle it for the winter period. Water freezing in such a pool does not destroy its elements. The frost-resistant product is characterized by reinforced edging and stiffening ribs.
Regardless of the type, prefabricated pools have about the same equipment:
- Filtration system
- Water intake and discharge nozzles
- Hoses of required length
- Staircase construction
An important difference is the lack of a sand filter and a skimmer in the configuration. Such an underdeveloped filtering system allows all sorts of debris to accumulate unhindered on the bottom of the bowl and on the surface of the water.
Key positive qualities
- Wide choose. In the modern market, models of various shapes and sizes are presented. Even the most demanding customer will be able to choose the best option. The most popular are pools of round, square, rectangular and oval shape. It is possible to purchase a body of water in the form of a figure eight or a non-standard, complex configuration.
- Universality. The structural features of prefabricated models make it easy to find a place for them and install them not only on the street, but also indoors. Installation can be performed both on the soil surface and using the option of deepening.
- Profitability. The purchase of a prefabricated pool minimizes the cost of installation and subsequent operation. There is no need to carry out the installation of the bathing bowl.
A bowl of modern prefabricated pool models is made of polypropylene or fiberglass. The priority of most models is their mobility, speed and ease of assembly, durability, reliability. The differences in prefabricated modifications are in different wall thicknesses, filtration equipment, as well as the characteristics of the bowl itself.
Installing such a pool is easy enough, but for this you need to perform certain steps.
Site selection and alignment
At this stage, it is necessary to determine the place where the structure will be installed. The basic requirement is maximum surface evenness. As a platform, you can use not only a summer cottage, but also the first floor of a private house, a covered veranda or terrace. If preference is given to the outdoor accommodation option, then alignment work should be performed.
The base of the prefabricated pool is quite vulnerable. A sand cushion will help protect the bottom of the bowl from possible mechanical damage.
A layer of insulation should be laid on top of the sand cushion, which will minimize the cooling rate of water in the bowl. This is especially true if the pond is most likely to be used by children or people with poor health.
If the frame pool has a very solid cubic capacity, then during installation it is advisable to use the method of partial or full deepening.
If the height of the walls of the tank exceeds a meter, then it is advisable to deepen it by 50 cm, and if two meters or more, a full deepening will be required.
Proper and high-quality work to deepen the pool will extend the life of the tank and preserve the quality characteristics:
- For location it is necessary to choose a site with a low occurrence of groundwater and as far as possible from trees and shrubs.
- Air flow should pass along the structure so that all debris accumulates from the end.
- An ideal soil is clay soil or loam, which in case of leakage will fulfill a protective function.
- The dimensions of the markings for the pit should be 50 cm longer than the length, width and depth of the structure itself.
- The bottom of the pit must be covered with a layer of crushed stone on the bayonet of a shovel and a concrete screed should be made.
- On top of the frozen concrete platform, it is imperative to lay a layer of geotextile and expanded polystyrene, and then install the pool itself.
To keep the pool water clean and remove unwanted debris from the surface and bottom, you must use a special vacuum cleaner.
To protect the reservoir from atmospheric precipitation, insects and foliage, a dense tent should be used. This coating is mounted on the sides of the prefabricated structure and, in addition to protection from debris, can be used with the onset of the cold period for seasonal conservation of the pool.
To maintain a comfortable water temperature, you can use special powerful heat transfer systems that are mounted in the filtration system. Such heat exchangers return the already heated purified water to the bowl, and built-in sensors allow you to control the temperature regime in the given parameters.
A more budgetary option for the heating element is a special electric heater.
The seasonal pool must be cleaned before the onset of a cold snap. To do this, drain the water, rinse the bowl and walls, dry and clean until the next bathing season.
All-season models prepare for winter in a slightly different way. Despite the high indicators of frost resistance, only the correct conservation of the structure will allow to maintain the reservoir in working condition. Preparation must begin even before the first frost. To do this, it is necessary to dismantle all additional equipment and thoroughly rinse the walls and bottom. Several special compensators, which will be required in the process of volume expansion, should be lowered into the bowl. The pool itself is filled with water, which is necessary for the following reasons:
- Preservation of the lining of the inner surface
- Compensation of pressure of frozen soil on the walls of the structure
It is desirable to cover the all-season precast pool prepared by the above method with a dense tent.
The most environmentally friendly option is a prefabricated plastic pool. It has good impact resistance and is resistant to fading.
The frozen surface of an all-weather pool can serve as an excellent alternative to a mini-skating rink.
The walls of the bowl, made of plastic, perfectly retain heat and maintain a comfortable temperature of water for a long time.
Frame pool (video)
If the landscape of the summer house does not allow you to install a prefabricated pool of standard dimensions, then you can use the services of a designer and order the manufacture of an individual design.
Prefabricated pool at the cottage (20 photos)