The greenhouse should work all year round, the only way it can supply the summer resident with all the necessary products, and even bring good profits. However, not a single greenhouse farm will be able to work in the winter period unless certain conditions for high-quality crop cultivation are created in the room. That is why we decided to talk today about greenhouses-thermoses - the best option for winter greenhouse constructions known today.
Indeed, the design invented by Anatoly Patiy is so practical and functional that even citrus fruits can be grown in it. This fact has been proven by many entrepreneurs who bought the project and are successfully developing it. What does it consist of? What is a similar greenhouse structure? And what are its main advantages over ordinary? You will learn about all this from our publication.
The benefits of a greenhouse thermos
The greenhouse construction of the “thermos” type has a number of characteristic advantages that distinguish it from other similar buildings. Thanks to them, in such structures you can grow smart crops of various cultures, especially since you can do it year-round.
So, the advantages of a thermos greenhouse:
- Durability and high reliability. Durable material, proper construction, application of modern, repeatedly tested technologies;
- The best light transmission, more than 91%, which is much higher than that of film greenhouses. This effect allows plants to feel in real environmental conditions;
- High-strength foundation and frame, weather-resistant design, which allows you to survive various temperature differences, strong winds, rain, snow, hail, hurricanes and so on without damage;
- Cover material - polycarbonate, has long been recognized as the best material. With its help, heat and light are evenly distributed over the entire area of the room, which allows you to create optimal conditions for plants for the best harvest. A common example shows that even in cloudy weather, in a polycarbonate thermos thermos, it will be almost 2 times lighter than in a standard film greenhouse. The same can be said about the temperature - on the street -30 degrees Celsius, and inside such a greenhouse at least +3 degrees Celsius. And this is without the use of any heating devices;
- High energy savings due to high thermal insulation, which is very important during a constant increase in energy prices;
- A huge list of crops that can be grown under ideal conditions of a thermos greenhouse due to the above described qualities.
As you can see, there are enough advantages, and experts doubt that anyone will be able to find any disadvantages.
Video about Anatoly Patius Thermos Thermos
Attention: Ukrainian language!
Construction device and installation
It is difficult to create a thermos greenhouse with your own hands, but at least you can do without buying a special and very expensive project, and without the help of specialists. All that is needed is a certain technique, tool, desire to work and get results.
The design is interesting in that its main part goes underground. It is natural breeds in combination with special materials that provide the effect of a thermos.
Initially, you should dig a trench under the structure, more precisely, a foundation pit, since the pit will turn out to be not at all small in size. Depending on the selected size of the greenhouse, determine the size of the pit along the perimeter. Its depth should be at least 1.5-2 m. At such a depth, the land will certainly not freeze, and on the contrary, will share its natural heat.
Next, you should align all the edges of the future greenhouse, since it will be necessary to fill the foundation under the frame and cover, or lay concrete blocks around the perimeter. Here already, which is more convenient and easier for you, it is possible to fill the foundation to the height of the trench, or to lay concrete blocks on which you will put the base of the frame in the future.
When the foundation is ready, settled down and prepared for further work, you can begin to erect the upper part of the greenhouse. It should be built of thermoblocks that are installed on a concrete base. Perhaps it’s worthwhile to additionally fix them on a metal frame, moreover, in this case it will be much easier to install a cover on the structure.
When the thermal blocks are installed, check if there is access to the foundation, the exits of the metal frame for installing the cover, whether it will be convenient to install the roof. If some points are not brought to the end, take care of them in advance, otherwise there may be problems with the roof.
The roof of the thermos greenhouse is made of polycarbonate, mounted on a metal frame with a crate, and carefully fixed.
The next step is the arrangement of the inside of the greenhouse, that is, finishing work and preparation for the start of planting. It is immediately necessary to make the greenhouse airtight, remove drafts from it. This can be done by finishing the foundation joints and laying the thermal blocks with plaster, or even mounting foam. Also work on the roof, there should not be any excess gaps in it.
Further, the inner part of the walls is covered with a thermal insulation film, which is necessary for the maximum effect of heat conservation. In some regions, where it is very cold in winter, they use thick foil thermal film, or even its double layer. Such wrapping is necessary only for the winter period, but it is better to provide it initially.
Further, only preparing the greenhouse for work, wiring electricity and installing heating appliances, equipping the building with ventilation and automatic watering, and so on.
Everything, the thermos greenhouse is ready for work. You can bring in a high-quality substrate, plant crops in it and, in the near future, expect crops no worse than in the warm season.